Support Your Body with Feverfew
If you suffer from occasional headaches, you know that sometimes you might prefer having someone hit you on the head with a hammer, cartoon-style, until you faint rather than going through one more bout of unbearable pain, nausea, and noise and light sensitivity.
Don’t rush for that hammer if you haven’t tried feverfew yet, though!
A short bush with chrysanthemum-like leaves and chamomile-like flowers, feverfew (or Fever Few) has been used as a remedy since antiquity. As indicated by its name (coming from the Latin word febrifugia, or “fever reducer”), feverfew has traditionally been used to treat fevers and inflammation. Parthenolide, the main bioactive agent in feverfew, acts on prostaglandins and serotonin and participates in the regulation of inflammation. Other anti-inflammatory and analgesic mechanisms have also been observed to support the effects of parthenolide .
Contemporary research suggests that feverfew may be effective for migraines, especially congestive migraines. Feverfew extract is recommended as a natural remedy for preventing migraines by the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache  and may work well with migraine medication, increasing its efficiency .
Feverfew extract is made from feverfew dried leaves. It is rich in bioactive nutrients and phytochemicals. The active principles that may help keep headaches at bay are sesquiterpene lactones such as parthenolide (mainly found in the plant’s leaves), flavonoid glycosides (including quercetin and apigenin), monoterpenes, and camphor oil.
If you are seeking a natural way to fend off your occasional headache, forget the hammer and try taking some feverfew with your medication. Our Feverfew Herb Liquid Alcohol-Free Extract is made from dried, feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) leaves, water, and vegetable glycerin.
- PURE, PLANT-BASED INGREDIENTS: All ingredients contain zero fillers, artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors and no added sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, or shellfish.
- WHOLESALE PRICING: When you purchase from 1Herbs, you are getting pricing directly from the manufacturer.
- SUPERIOR EFFICACY: Liquid supplements are absorbed fast into the bloodstream and are readily available to the body.
- ALCOHOL-FREE AND COLD-PRESSED: Our Feverfew Herb Liquid Extract is non-alcoholic and cold-processed to protect compounds that can be destroyed by heat and alcohol.
- MANUFACTURED AND TESTED IN THE USA: 1Herbs Feverfew Herb Liquid Extract is manufactured and quality-tested in the USA.
As an herbal dietary supplement, take 1-2 droppers with a meal or in a glass of water, juice, or tea. One dropper is equal to a quarter teaspoon or 0.8 ml. Each serving (1 dropper) contains 25mg of organic feverfew.
- Store in a cool and dry place. Whenever possible, please recycle: it’s a great way to give back to nature.
- Check with your doctor before you take any mineral or herbal supplement, especially if you are on medication or if you are pregnant.
- Do not take Feverfew while pregnant, as overdosing with feverfew may cause uterine contractions.
- Do not use Feverfew if you are allergic to flowers such as chrysanthemums.
- This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Our “No Questions Asked” Return Policy
We stand behind our products. If you don’t love it, ship it back to us within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked.