Support Your Body with Pau d’Arco
The scene is familiar to any movie lover: the hero is exploring the tropical forests of Central and South America. He braves many dangers before coming across an indigenous tribe. Earning their trust, they share with him their secrets.
Among these is a rare medicine produced from the bark of a tree that can be used to treat any number of conditions.
Amazingly enough, that standard movie trope is exactly what happened in real life in the 1960s, when a doctor named Theodore Meyer learned of pau d’arco from a rainforest tribe.
Pau d’arco, or lapacho as the native tribes call it, is a tree with dense wood that has been known for centuries for its benefits in helping with inflammation and stomach pains. Rainforest medicine men scraped the inner bark to brew a cool, bitter tea from it. The tea was then used by the natives to treat several conditions, including malaria, infections, fever, arthritis, skin problems, syphilis, tuberculosis, strep, dysentery, and even cancer.
Based on these claims, researchers isolated an active chemical found in the bark, naming it lapachol. Several studies showed that lapachol was effective against cancerous tumors in rats. Unfortunately, in 1974, the National Cancer Institute concluded that the amounts of lapachol required for beneficial effects against cancer in humans would result in toxic side effects.
Nowadays, pau d’arco is used for its antioxidant and antibacterial actions.
- PURE, PLANT-BASED INGREDIENTS: All ingredients contain zero fillers, artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors and no added sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, or shellfish.
- WHOLESALE PRICING: When you purchase from 1Herbs, you are getting pricing directly from the manufacturer.
- SUPERIOR EFFICACY: Liquid supplements are absorbed fast into the bloodstream and are readily available to the body.
- ALCOHOL-FREE AND COLD-PRESSED: Our Pau d’Arco Herb Liquid Extract is non-alcoholic and cold-processed to protect compounds that can be destroyed by heat and alcohol.
- MANUFACTURED AND TESTED IN THE USA: 1Herbs Fennel Seed Herb Liquid Extract is manufactured and quality-tested in the USA.
As a liquid herbal supplement, take 1dropper daily with a meal. To help you calculate your dosage, one dropper is equal to one-quarter teaspoon.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Whenever possible, please recycle: it’s a great way to give back to nature.
- Large doses of pau d’arco can cause nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps, and liver and kidney problems.
- Pau d’arco may have blood-thinning actions in some people and cause anemia (shortage of red blood cells) when used over long periods. For this reason, pau d’arco should not be used before surgery or by patients with anemia or bleeding problems. It also appears to interact with blood thinners, so people on warfarin and other blood thinners should consult with their doctor before taking pau d’arco.
- Check with your doctor before you take any mineral or herbal supplement, especially if you are on medication or if you are pregnant. Not to be used with pharmaceutical drugs.
- This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Our “No Questions Asked” Return Policy
We stand behind our products. If you don’t love it, ship it back to us within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked.