Support Your Body with Damiana
When you say “no, I have a headache”, it could be that a) you really have a headache, b) you are exhausted, c) your sexual drive is low, d) you fear disappointment, or e) your book is far too exciting to drop. Although there is nothing to be done about a great book, there is a remedy that may help with a, b, c, and d at the same time: Damiana.
Damiana is a shrub (Turnera Diffusa) native to Southwest Texas and Central/South America in general. Its small aromatic yellow flowers bloom throughout summer. Damiana tea has a characteristic minty, spicy taste that reminds of the flowers’ perfume. Damiana liquid extract is made from the leaves of the Damiana shrub.
Damiana leaves are an ingredient in a traditional Mexican liqueur that is sometimes used in lieu of triple sec in margaritas. Mexican folklore claims that it was used in the “original” margarita and the damiana margarita is still popular in the Los Cabos region of Mexico.
Damiana leaves were also included in several 19th-century patent medicines, such as Pemberton’s French Wine Coca. Damiana was also one of the main ingredients of the alcoholic precursor of Coca-Cola.
Part of its appeal comes from the ancient belief that damiana is a powerful aphrodisiac. The Aztecs, Mayans, and Guaycura knew Damiana and used it as an aphrodisiac, but also as a remedy for stress and menstrual symptoms.
Today, damiana is still used as a general tonic and a remedy for menopausal discomfort.
Damiana leaves are rich in antioxidant flavonoids and phenolics, including apigenin. They also contain terpenoids, alkaloids, anti-inflammatory plant steroids, saponins, tannins, and caffeine. These bioactive compounds make Damiana a popular well-being tonic that can make you feel overall better when your mood and energy are down. Its bioactive profile includes 28 terpenes (including bisabolol, azulene, kaempferol, salicylic acid, farnesol, etc), 36 flavonoids (including apigenin, quercetin, tannin, etc.), and vitamins (B1, B3, and C).
Damiana is considered hypoallergenic and generally safe with few side effects—the main being that you could get “high” and even hallucinate if consumed at high levels. Thankfully, herbalists have found that moderate doses of damiana work better than higher ones. So, try some Damiana Liquid Extract and keep your energy level high.
Our Damiana Herb Liquid Alcohol-Free Extract is made from Damiana (Turnera Diffusa) leaves, water, and vegetable glycerin.
- PURE, POTENT INGREDIENTS: All ingredients contain zero fillers, artificial preservatives, colors or flavors, and no added sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, or shellfish.
- ALCOHOL-FREE AND COLD-PRESSED: Our Damiana Herb Liquid Alcohol-Free Extract is non-alcoholic and cold-processed to protect compounds that can be destroyed by heat and alcohol.
- MANUFACTURED AND TESTED IN THE USA: Manufactured in the USA, Damiana Herb Liquid Alcohol-Free Extract is a clean and effective remedy that can help your body feel better.
- WHOLESALE PRICING: When you purchase from 1Herbs, you are getting pricing directly from the manufacturer.
- SUPERIOR EFFICACY: Liquid supplements are absorbed fast into the bloodstream and are readily available to the body.
As an herbal dietary supplement, take one dropper daily with a meal or in a glass of water, juice, or tea. One dropper is equal to one-quarter teaspoon or 0.8 ml. Each serving contains 25 mg of damiana.
Other uses include:
- Mixing Damiana Liquid Extract with shampoo or skin cream.
- Applying on a wet towel to help relieve headaches and stomach issues.
- Mixing it with warm water to prepare a soothing mouthwash.
When using our Damiana Liquid Extract:
- Store in a cool and dry place. Whenever possible, please recycle: it’s a great way to give back to nature.
- Check with your doctor before you take any mineral or herbal supplement, especially if you are on medication or if you are pregnant. Not to be used with pharmaceutical drugs.
- Use responsibly and always respect the recommended dose. Serious side effects have been reported when damiana is taken in extreme doses (over 200 grams).
- This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Our “No Questions Asked” Return Policy
We stand behind our products. If you don’t love it, ship it back to us within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked.
There are no reviews yet.